BLEEP BLEEPITY BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP

Oh, and FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK


Damnit. I spoke up too late

And just if anyone's curious the exact the song I was listening to when I saw this announcement (In the Beginning by The Stills) was at the part where they were singing these exact lyrics:

in a ball of fire
in a ball of fire
in a ball of fire
in a ball of fire
in a ball of fire
in a ball of fire

So that's a good sign
/sarcasm

Addendum 1 Normally I'd give a hat tip to bbgrunt for the news, but I'm the type that shoots the messenger.

Addendum 2 More reaction is starting to settle in. DD and Shane have both weighed in. The MHH cats have weighed in. And Dater has also posted something. A few themes are starting to settle in:

1) WTF!?!
2) This screams Pierre LaCroix
3) Seriously WTF!?!
4) Depression

Addendum 3 Changed the "lyrics" part to read a little better. Apparently I wasn't at my most coherent when originally typing. I wonder why?

Addendum 4 Changed the title of this post so that profanity doesn't show on other people's pages (like at Avs talk who has a Title follower box in the left column)

Addendum 5 Mike@MHH has now weighed in over at Mile High Hockey

7 comments:

  1. Was this a case of you jinxing them with that last post?

    Come on, I need somebody to blame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope.. bbgrunt posted his comment alerting me to it nearly as soon as my last post was up. Can't pin this one one me

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't have to do the title update on my account but I do appreciate it. The girlfriend has been wailing away on my swearing ways - farming and construction built it up a lot - so I do my best to avoid it.

    I figure if that's one of the few things she changes about me...well, it could be worse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries i should keep swearing out of the title anyways.

    I'll never get it out of the posts themselves though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to get too excited about this news yet. I thought Iron Mike becoming the coach of the Flames would make them completely fail and never make the playoffs ever again, but that didn't happen quite the way I had envisioned it playing out, so I will not gloat until I'm sure that Granato's being rehired will be as bad as everyone thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kristen:

    But Iron Mike has a history of success in his first season and then it falls apart. I'm still holding out hope on that one.

    LeMaire is probably licking his chops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good point. I will continue to hold out hope for an epic Shames fail this coming season. Thanks for pointing that out!

    I'm sure he is, he was contemplating retirement, but he must somehow have known this was going to happen and decided to stay. I hope Sakic stays with you guys to help balance out the ridiculous shitting on by the hockey gods in the form of Granato.

    ReplyDelete