Behind The Jibble_

After talking with colleagues and people around the office, I decided it's finally time that I should come clean with my identity. After talking a giant shot at a writer at "The Province" yesterday I think if I am going to write stuff like that people should have the courtesy of being able to face their critic/accuser. I do not feel anyone else needs to reveal themselves, but like The Big Lead and FJM the time has come for me to reveal who I am...

That's right I am Adrian Dater... Just Kidding. I do work for a major newspaper though, which is part of the reason I stayed anonymous so long. My opinions are just that, my opinions and I didn't want them reflecting poorly on my paper. I cover sport (mostly high school football) but on occasion I am asked to fill in for David Pollack when he's sick or in a crunch covering the Sharks at the SJ Mercury News.

I recently talked to my editors about the ramifications of making my identity known and they said as long as I have a disclaimer on there I should be fine. As you know they are traditional newsmen so they aren't big on blogging but they understand it's a new thing and that I'm from Denver and the Avs are a huge hobby of mine. As long as I am not asked to cover Avs-Sharks games it's not a problem. Considering I have covered 2 Sharks games in 2 years, I don't see this as a problem.

So without further adieu I will finally unmask myself (drumroll please) My name is Dennis Knight, I am from Colorado and I cover high school sports for the San Jose Mercury News.

11 comments:

  1. I have no idea if I should believe you.

    I despise April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, I guess that makes you the Knight Writer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as your dog's name isn't KITT, I guess I can live with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is almost enough truth to make me believe you. For a second I thought I was reading the wrong blog all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have probably read your work at some point. Since I hate reading the Oregonian, I often read the San Jose or Vancouver papers provided here at school to attempt to get a glimpse of what's going on in the hockey world in print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kristen...

    Look at the blog tag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've crammed far too much into my brain in the past two days studying for my exams to read small print like that! Well done. That's the only April Fools I've seen today that has worked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, now that's April 2nd...why pick that guy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believability. Most people know I'm in SJ already, so I couldn't say something ridiculous like like "I'm really Adrian Dater" it would be easy to spot. I couldn't pick the sharks beat reporter because, well, shouldn't he be watching Sharks games? And other beat reportser will travel so much that it would be obvious.

    However the HS Sports guy i just obscure enough that no one would have a clue, he stays around the city/bay area most of the time, and I don't know there's something inherently funny about a newspaper guy starting a blog, which is one thing Newspaper guys don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so confused.... Ahh April 1st... I just don't get it....

    ReplyDelete